Friday, June 15, 2012

Quaker Quakes! My new favorite snack!

So, I thought I would do a post about a new snack, that I just can't get enough of! My kids even love them, and they aren't bad for you so I don't feel bad about giving them to them. I have a love hate relationship with rice cakes. Growing up my grandmother would always have them around, the plain kind, and I hated them. Like chewing on those styrofoam peanuts you get in packages. Gag. Then they introduced Quakes. The first time I had them I thought they were bland and gross (had the cheddar kind) but my kids really liked them. So I continued to buy them. Then recently while at Harris Teeter, I came across "Kettle Corn Sweet and Salty". That can't be bad right? I love kettle corn, but I cant eat popcorn. Win win. I opened the bag when I got in the car, and Oh My Gosh!! They were gone by the time we got home. They are sweet and buttery, but light. You can eat a whole bag in one sitting if you aren't careful. I have only been able to find this variety at Harris Teeter in my local area. None of the other stores carry them, and only in the small bags. BUT worth it! I haven't come across any coupons for these so they are my splurge, because they are over $2 a bag (but they are pretty small  bags).

Quaker Kettle Corn Quakes!


Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment