Tuesday, January 22, 2013

....but I'm thankful

Today hasn't been the greatest day. My goal was to get up this morning, throw a load of wash in the washer, clean my kitchen and have a decent day. The reality of it was, I woke up early to crying because the tooth fairy forgot to show up (oops), I went to bed with a migraine and had hoped by morning it would subside so I didn't have to use a migraine pill. You have to decide if your migraine is worth the migraine pill because they only give you so many a month and no one can afford to buy them outright, or I would. So after I took the kids to the bus stop, I took my prilosec, and some Robitussin cold and flu and crossed my fingers. My youngest and I snuggled up and took a nap in hopes mommy would feel better and the medicine would have worked its magic. It didn't. So I took the migraine pill. It took around 3+ hours to kick in, but my migraine went away! Now it is past 4, dinner is almost done and I am just starting to feel a little better when my bones start to ache. I have Vitamin D deficiency and they think this may be what is causing the pain and the only remedy is taking a lot of vitamin d and building it back up, so I have to deal with the pain. So, through all this, I really just want to get back into bed, say forget the rest of the day, we have tomorrow, but I cant. And I shouldn't. And when I am thinking of what a lousy day I am having I think...but I'm thankful.


I'm thankful I woke up this morning and was able to walk my kids to the bus stop.

I'm thankful that my three children are fighting over what program is on tv...because them fighting means they are here, healthy, and for that I am always thankful (even though some days they drive me to the edge of insanity lol, I would never for one second change it)

I'm thankful that I am able to get on here and complain. I have a computer, my fingers type, there is an Internet full of people reading things and for that....I'm thankful. Someone listens, whether they give a shit or not lol.

I'm thankful that I am continuing to be successful in kicking my Pepsi habit. It's been 23 days without Pepsi. I am getting used to unsweetened tea. It doesn't make me feel any better, but I know I'm not doing more harm to my body with the Pepsi... I do miss it though. 

I'm thankful that I have such a great husband. And no, not the kind of great husband that women get on facebook and profess the wondrous man they married and in reality he's a d-bag. My husband is really great. He knew I was sick last night, so he brought me home my favorite soup. He is at the store right now picking me up some claritin because I'm hoping it helps. He plays and has fun with our kids and wants to hear about their day as soon as they walk in the door.
There are so many other reasons , but just know, I got myself a good one. And for that, I am forever thankful.

I could go on and on, but you know, I got dinner to make, clothes to wash, etc. so let me get off of here.

Love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment