Friday, January 4, 2013

Country Bobs All Purpose Sauce - Review

About time I do this right? Country Bob's generously sent me All purpose sauce to review, and it has taken me over a month to do so. Believe it or not, I didn't cook any red meat during December. I didn't do it on purpose, it just occurred to me that I hadn't. When I tasted this sauce, I knew it would be best on a steak or a burger and that's what I was holding out to make. FINALLY though, here is the review I have been promising.

When I received my Country Bob's package, I was very excited! First when I took the bottles out of the box, I noticed that they were made of plastic. This is a great thing. Why? My hands don't always work well and I am known to drop a few things here and there. At that moment my kids were eating chicken nuggets and my middle child (who loves "sauce" to dip things in) asked if she could try it. I said why not? I opened the sauce, poured a little on her plate and dipped a nugget in myself to try. It was a party in your mouth I tell ya! A sweet steak sauce that left you with a little kick. My daughter only asks for this on anything she would usually use ketchup on. No kidding! A couple days ago I made chicken strips and she asked for her "Bobs Sauce" and its all gone so she couldn't have any. She was very very disappointed that she had to use ketchup. Its pretty tough being five years old.... :)
So, I finally bought some steaks. Just the small thin ones. I pounded them out with my cool meat hammer that my husband bought me. sprinkled some McCormick Season All on each side. Then, I put them in a bowl I had filled with Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. I put olive oil in the skillet (these would have been great on the grill, but my development doesn't allow grills.. bummer!), let it heat up, and then put my steaks into the skillet. You could smell the aroma of the sauce. I cooked them a little on each side, and then they were done! I paired the steaks with redskin mashed potatoes, a little Country Bob's sauce on the side, and dinner was served. 
I plated everyones and sat down to eat. I was very excited, as I love steak (see, I really don't know how I went a whole month without buying any type of red meat at the grocery store!). Before I knew it, my kids plates were empty and they were asking for seconds. This really impressed me because I have such picky eaters. My husband loved the sauce as well. He said it could use a little more heat to it though. I told him that's why Country Bob's also makes a spicy sauce as well. He can't wait to try it. 
I thank Country Bob's for giving me the opportunity to review this great sauce. Hope everyone is enjoying their new year!

Finished Product



No comments:

Post a Comment